OSCON this year is local to me, and I'd like to make this the year we
finally have a booth at OSCON. Does anyone here have experience with
purchasing material for a booth? If you can help with planning, I would
appreciate it if you would join the mailing list
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/oscon
regardless of whether you plan to attend OSCON.

until you hire an amateur." --Red Adair

Search Discussions

  • David Goodger at Apr 29, 2009 at 5:41 pm

    OSCON this year is local to me, and I'd like to make this the year we
    finally have a booth at OSCON. ?Does anyone here have experience with
    purchasing material for a booth?
    What kind of material? The booth proper ("pipe & drape", tables,
    chairs) are typically provided by the conference. The group must
    provide their own signage (a small generic sign is often supplied,
    like "group X, booth Y"), pamphlets, and swag. I can help with the
    PyCon sources for those things. If you're looking for funding, a
    request to the PSF would be in order (once a budget is established of
    course).

    I joined the oscon at python.org list. Not currently planning to attend though.

    -- David
    ?If you can help with planning, I would
    appreciate it if you would join the mailing list
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/oscon
    regardless of whether you plan to attend OSCON.
  • Aahz at Apr 29, 2009 at 5:54 pm

    OSCON this year is local to me, and I'd like to make this the year we
    finally have a booth at OSCON. ?Does anyone here have experience with
    purchasing material for a booth?
    What kind of material? The booth proper ("pipe & drape", tables,
    chairs) are typically provided by the conference. The group must
    provide their own signage (a small generic sign is often supplied,
    like "group X, booth Y"), pamphlets, and swag. I can help with the
    PyCon sources for those things. If you're looking for funding, a
    request to the PSF would be in order (once a budget is established of
    course).
    I'm thinking it would be nice to have a banner with the Python logo.
    Before asking the PSF for a budget, I'd like to have some clue about what
    an appropriate budget would be. I'm figuring we'll discuss this on the
    oscon list; I'll start a thread there in a few days after people have a
    chance to sign up.

    until you hire an amateur." --Red Adair

groupadvocacy @
categoriespython