The page here, which is linked from the press kit:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

contains a broken link to both the 8.2 release notes and 8.1.5.

After a few minutes, the link to the 8.2 notes disappeared, and then
reappeared (still a broken link).

I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
something.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Search Discussions

  • Joshua D. Drake at Dec 5, 2006 at 11:04 pm

    The page here, which is linked from the press kit:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

    contains a broken link to both the 8.2 release notes and 8.1.5.

    After a few minutes, the link to the 8.2 notes disappeared, and then
    reappeared (still a broken link).

    I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
    something.
    You are probably hitting different mirrors.

    Jeff Davis

    http://www.commandprompt.com/

  • Jeff Davis at Dec 5, 2006 at 11:21 pm

    The page here, which is linked from the press kit:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

    contains a broken link to both the 8.2 release notes and 8.1.5.

    After a few minutes, the link to the 8.2 notes disappeared, and then
    reappeared (still a broken link).

    I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
    something.
    You are probably hitting different mirrors.
    Are you saying the problem will fix itself? A 404 seems undesirable to
    me.

    Regards,
    Jeff Davis
  • Joshua D. Drake at Dec 5, 2006 at 11:43 pm

    I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
    something.
    You are probably hitting different mirrors.
    217.196.146.201
    66.98.251.159

    These are the two mirrors that have apparently not updated. Will they
    update automatically, or is there a problem?
    Honestly, I can't answer that. We need dpage, magnus, devrim (all who
    are likley asleep now) or Rob Treat who is likely at the show.
    Regards,
    Jeff Davis

    http://www.commandprompt.com/

  • Jim Nasby at Dec 9, 2006 at 6:08 am

    These are the two mirrors that have apparently not updated. Will they
    update automatically, or is there a problem?
    Honestly, I can't answer that. We need dpage, magnus, devrim (all who
    are likley asleep now) or Rob Treat who is likely at the show.
    Do we need better coverage on those mirrors?
    --
    Jim Nasby jim@nasby.net
  • Stefan Kaltenbrunner at Dec 9, 2006 at 7:50 am

    Jim Nasby wrote:
    These are the two mirrors that have apparently not updated. Will they
    update automatically, or is there a problem?
    Honestly, I can't answer that. We need dpage, magnus, devrim (all who
    are likley asleep now) or Rob Treat who is likely at the show.
    Do we need better coverage on those mirrors?
    hmm - the mirrors itself were fine - iirc it's just that we only sync
    them every hour(which normally seems like a reasonable timespan).

    So I'm not even convinced we actually have a problem to solve here ...

    Stefan
  • Dave Page at Dec 9, 2006 at 9:13 am

    Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
    Jim Nasby wrote:
    These are the two mirrors that have apparently not updated. Will they
    update automatically, or is there a problem?
    Honestly, I can't answer that. We need dpage, magnus, devrim (all who
    are likley asleep now) or Rob Treat who is likely at the show.
    Do we need better coverage on those mirrors?
    hmm - the mirrors itself were fine - iirc it's just that we only sync
    them every hour(which normally seems like a reasonable timespan).

    So I'm not even convinced we actually have a problem to solve here ...
    Agreed - I looked at this at the time and couldn't see anything wrong.
    Besides, we do monitor them as well, so if one falls too far out of sync
    it automatically gets removed from active duty until it catches up again.

    Regards, Dave.
  • Joshua D. Drake at Dec 5, 2006 at 11:50 pm

    The page here, which is linked from the press kit:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

    contains a broken link to both the 8.2 release notes and 8.1.5.

    After a few minutes, the link to the 8.2 notes disappeared, and then
    reappeared (still a broken link).

    I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
    something.
    You are probably hitting different mirrors.
    217.196.146.201
    66.98.251.159
    The 66. number is ftp. which is the what all the mirrors feed off of.
    Have you tried clearning your cache ? :)

    These are the two mirrors that have apparently not updated. Will they
    update automatically, or is there a problem?

    Regards,
    Jeff Davis

    http://www.commandprompt.com/

  • Jeff Davis at Dec 6, 2006 at 12:46 am

    The page here, which is linked from the press kit:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

    contains a broken link to both the 8.2 release notes and 8.1.5.

    After a few minutes, the link to the 8.2 notes disappeared, and then
    reappeared (still a broken link).

    I think something is wrong, or I am hitting various mirror sites or
    something.
    You are probably hitting different mirrors.
    217.196.146.201
    66.98.251.159
    The 66. number is ftp. which is the what all the mirrors feed off of.
    Have you tried clearning your cache ? :)
    The problem is fixed now. What I did was a "host www.postgresql.org" and
    4 IPs were returned:

    www.postgresql.org is an alias for static.mirrors.postgresql.org.
    static.mirrors.postgresql.org has address 217.196.146.201
    static.mirrors.postgresql.org has address 66.98.251.159
    static.mirrors.postgresql.org has address 80.179.151.210
    static.mirrors.postgresql.org has address 212.247.200.180

    I did a telnet to each one and an HTTP request to see if the document
    existed on that box. For those two I listed in the previous email, no
    document existed which was causing a 404 for some people (like me).

    Now the document exists on all those 4 IPs. It just took a while for
    them to sync up I guess.

    Regards,
    Jeff Davis

grouppgsql-www @