WWW,

The 8.2 release will be going out around 22:00 UTC on December 5th, if it's
not held up by any last-minute RC bugs. This means that we'll need to
uphold the following schedule:

December 5th
10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press faq applied to
website master.
20:00 UTC: community announcement approved for News, -announce
22:00 UTC: press release goes out

I can take care of approving the news and the -announce, but I need a
commitment from someone on WWW to take care of applying the website changes.
I will have the HTML for those changes for you to check/fix tommorrow.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Search Discussions

  • Magnus Hagander at Nov 29, 2006 at 7:14 pm

    WWW,

    The 8.2 release will be going out around 22:00 UTC on
    December 5th, if it's
    not held up by any last-minute RC bugs. This means that
    we'll need to
    uphold the following schedule:

    December 5th
    10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
    17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press
    faq applied to website master.
    Add to this (to make it a chekclist):
    * Load release version of docs
    * Remove the beta pages from the testing area (as in saying "we're now
    released". We forgot this last time..)

    Are you saying you want it actually listed under "latest versions" and
    having the "elephant logo" with a text that says 8.2 is out, even though
    it's not announced yet?

    //Magnus
  • Josh Berkus at Nov 30, 2006 at 12:29 am
    Magnus,
    Are you saying you want it actually listed under "latest versions" and
    having the "elephant logo" with a text that says 8.2 is out, even though
    it's not announced yet?
    Yes, these things need to be done and cascading to the mirrors *before* I
    mail out the announcement.

    --
    --Josh

    Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL @ Sun
    San Francisco
  • Magnus Hagander at Nov 30, 2006 at 8:34 am

    Are you saying you want it actually listed under "latest
    versions" and
    having the "elephant logo" with a text that says 8.2 is out, even
    though it's not announced yet?
    Yes, these things need to be done and cascading to the
    mirrors *before* I mail out the announcement.
    Ok. Just verifying so there's no misunderstanding :-)

    //MAgnus
  • Magnus Hagander at Dec 4, 2006 at 10:10 am

    WWW,

    The 8.2 release will be going out around 22:00 UTC on
    December 5th, if it's
    not held up by any last-minute RC bugs. This means that
    we'll need to
    uphold the following schedule:
    Can't recall if someone spoke out on this already, but..

    December 5th
    10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
    17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press
    faq applied to website master.
    I can be aruond for this, and at least do the press-stuff. If someone
    else is around at the same time and want to do beta pages and stuff,
    let's just coord on IM/IRC.
    20:00 UTC: community announcement approved for News,
    -announce 22:00 UTC: press release goes out
    Not sure if I can be around this time - and at this time we also need
    someone to do quick-fixes if something is broken. Apart fromt he
    approval stuff there, that Josh can handle. In case something happens...

    //Magnus
  • Josh Berkus at Dec 4, 2006 at 3:58 pm
    Magnus,
    Can't recall if someone spoke out on this already, but..
    Devrim volunteered.

    December 5th
    10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
    17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press
    faq applied to website master.
    I can be aruond for this, and at least do the press-stuff. If someone
    else is around at the same time and want to do beta pages and stuff,
    let's just coord on IM/IRC.
    Yes, please! I will be asleep.
    20:00 UTC: community announcement approved for News,
    -announce 22:00 UTC: press release goes out
    Not sure if I can be around this time - and at this time we also need
    someone to do quick-fixes if something is broken. Apart fromt he
    approval stuff there, that Josh can handle. In case something happens...
    Yes, Robert and I can handle both of these.

    --Josh
  • Magnus Hagander at Dec 4, 2006 at 5:09 pm

    Can't recall if someone spoke out on this already, but..
    Devrim volunteered.
    Ok. good. I'll coordinate with him.
    20:00 UTC: community announcement approved for News,
    -announce 22:00
    UTC: press release goes out
    Not sure if I can be around this time - and at this time we also need
    someone to do quick-fixes if something is broken. Apart fromt he
    approval stuff there, that Josh can handle. In case
    something happens...

    Yes, Robert and I can handle both of these.
    Great.

    //Magnus

grouppgsql-www @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 29, '06 at 6:39p
activeDec 4, '06 at 5:09p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Magnus Hagander: 4 posts Josh Berkus: 3 posts