Thanks!

Ted Wallingford

Search Discussions

  • Omid omoomi at May 16, 2000 at 3:29 pm
    Hi,
    May be you need some thing like this:

    Select field1, field2 from table where field1~*'string' ;

    Hope that helps,
    Omid Omoomi

    From: "Wallingford, Ted" <twallingford@indexc.com>
    To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
    Subject: [SQL] pattern matching operator
    Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:45:55 -0400

    I need some help (the postgresql.org documentation pages are down??)

    I need to know what the pattern-matching operator is for string values in a
    select query...

    select field,field from table where field ?????? 'string';

    I want to wildcard both ends of the string..

    Thanks!

    Ted Wallingford
  • Mig at May 16, 2000 at 3:55 pm
    You can also do it in plain SQL, no regexp:

    select field,field from table where field like '%string%';

    Select field1, field2 from table where field1~*'string' ;

    Hope that helps,
    Omid Omoomi

    I need some help (the postgresql.org documentation pages are down??)

    I need to know what the pattern-matching operator is for string values in a
    select query...

    select field,field from table where field ?????? 'string';

    I want to wildcard both ends of the string..

    Thanks!

    Ted Wallingford
  • Joseph Shraibman at May 16, 2000 at 4:23 pm

    "Wallingford, Ted" wrote:

    I need some help (the postgresql.org documentation pages are down??)
    postgres comes with the documentation.

grouppgsql-sql @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 16, '00 at 1:46p