Now that the 6.5.3 release is official, I am announcing and releasing RPMs for
version 6.5.3. There is only one major enhancement -- the addition of an
allowed architecture -- armv41, which was not available before. From my web
page:
RPM's are now available for version 6.5.3. Changes from 6.5.2-1 to
6.5.3-1 are:

* Improved README.rpm includes an explanation of the steps in an upgrade,
includes instructions on running the regression tests, and other minor
enhancements

* pgaccess 0.98 is now pulled in from the main tarball instead of a separate
tarball

* The patchsets were consolidated somewhat -- as 6.5.3 now includes some
of the patches that were already included with the 6.5.2-1 rpms, fewer patches
are required.

* The source RPM should now build on StrongARM boxes (such as Corel
Netwinders). Many thanks to Mark Knox (segfault@hardline.org) for the patches
necessary for StrongARM.

* Now shipping the odbcinst.ini file that had been inadvertently left out of
previous RPM's. This file is now in /usr/lib/pgsql.
As always, let me know of any problems. The source RPM and Intel binary
RPMs prebuilt for RedHat 5.2 and RedHat 6.x are available from
http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres . The wget tool is a great way to mirror
these RPMs.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Kirkpatrick at Nov 7, 1999 at 3:15 am
    Now that the 6.5.3 release is official, here is the status of the
    Linux/Alpha pataches for PostgreSQL. Since this was only a minor bugfix
    release, the Linux/Alpha patches for 6.5.2 apply to the 6.5.3 tarball
    cleanly. The resulting, compiled postgres binaries pass all regression
    tests save for the standard off by one in nth decimal place geometry
    difference, and a minor sort order difference in rules. Therefore, there
    will be no 6.5.3 release of the Linux/Alpha patches, just use the 6.5.2
    ones, which you can get from my web page.
    As usual, if you hit snags with 6.5.3 and Linux/Alpha, let me
    know, and I will do what I can to help you out.

    "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
    --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
    Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 6, '99 at 2:06a
activeNov 7, '99 at 3:15a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Lamar Owen: 1 post Ryan Kirkpatrick: 1 post