I am having the same problem. I tried the new URL. The problem still
continues. Is there a chance I still need to do a make to create the
posgresql.jar file. I have installed the postgresql rpm's for
posdtgres6.5/. Any Ideas on how to do the make in postgresql 6.5

Ednut
In article <37CE76CC.C341A8EE@netscape.net>, Christian Denning
--------------E9628914BE19B20C6DA63E7C
Your database url is wrong. A postgres database needs the
following URL:
jdbc:postgresql://theComputerName/thePostgresDatabaseName
if you omit something, you get your NullPointerException
Christian
EA wrote:
Here are the errors I get while running the example classes
provided by
Postgres:

1. Without Debug
<---------------------------------------------------
PostgreSQL basic test v6.3 rev 1

Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql:db1
Exception caught.
Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail.
Please report
this exception: {1}
Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail.
Please report
this exception: {1}
at postgresql.Driver.connect(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at example.basic.<init>(Compiled Code)
at example.basic.main(Compiled Code)
<-----------------------------------------------------
2. With Debug
<---------------------------------------------------
PostgreSQL basic test v6.3 rev 1

DriverManager.initialize: jdbc.drivers = null
JDBC DriverManager initialized
registerDriver:
driver[className=postgresql.Driver,postgresql.Driver@a574f633]
Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql:web
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:db1")
trying
driver[className=postgresql.Driver,postgresql.Driver@a574f633]
-- listing properties --
password=start123
user=db1
PGDBNAME=db1
Protocol=postgresql
Using postgresql.jdbc2.Connection
Exception caught.
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.Writer.write(Compiled Code)
at java.io.PrintStream.write(Compiled Code)
at java.io.PrintStream.print(Compiled Code)
at java.io.PrintStream.println(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at postgresql.util.PSQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at postgresql.Driver.connect(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at example.basic.<init>(Compiled Code)
at example.basic.main(Compiled Code)

<-----------------------------------------------------

Anyone recognize these errors.
--------------E9628914BE19B20C6DA63E7C
begin:vcard
n:Denning;Christian
tel;cell:+44-7970-008855
tel;fax:+44-1225-484944
tel;home:+44-1453-836652
tel;work:+44-1225-484449
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://iecl.iuscomp.org/cd
org:e-net Software
version:2.1
email;internet:ChristianDenning@netscape.net
title:Software Development Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;Shear's
Cottage=0D=0AWatledge;Nailsworth;Gloucestershire;GL6 0AR;United
Kingdom
x-mozilla-cpt:;-26992
fn:Christian Denning
end:vcard
--------------E9628914BE19B20C6DA63E7C--

  • Ednut at Oct 28, 1999 at 9:27 am
    I am having the same problem. I tried the new URL. The problem still
    continues. Is there a chance I still need to do a make to create the
    posgresql.jar file. I have installed the postgresql rpm's for
    posdtgres6.5/. Any Ideas on how to do the make in postgresql 6.5

    Ednut

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 28, '99 at 9:27a