Guys,

I have an Apple Network Server (PowerPC 604) with an LPPC 4.1 on it.
Compiled postgresql 6.5.1 succesfully, initdb worked fine, but after
issuing the "postmaster" command, it gives me this message all the time:

FATAL: StreamServerPort: socket() failed: Invalid argument
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port

What could be the cause? Could it be a file permission problem? But on
which directory? Any clue?

Regards,
Peter Krall

Search Discussions

  • Krall Peter at Oct 18, 1999 at 12:07 pm
    Guys,

    I have an Apple Network Server (PowerPC 604) with an LPPC 4.1 on it.
    Compiled postgresql 6.5.1 succesfully, initdb worked fine, but after
    issuing the "postmaster" command, it gives me this message all the time:

    FATAL: StreamServerPort: socket() failed: Invalid argument
    /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port

    What could be the cause? Could it be a file permission problem? But on
    which directory? Any clue?

    Regards,
    Peter Krall

grouppgsql-ports @