All files in the odbc directory contain gcc-style comments (//), which
is completely unnecessary and causing work when compiling with a C-compiler.
That is, I deleted all comments by applying the following to all files:
#!/bin/sh
cp $1 /tmp/$1.copy; sed 's/\/\/.*$//g' /tmp/$1.copy > $1

--
Peter Schäfer - mailto:schaefer@cys.de, schaefer@dfu.de

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 8, 1999 at 4:18 pm
    All files in the odbc directory contain gcc-style comments (//), which
    is completely unnecessary and causing work when compiling with a C-compiler.
    That is, I deleted all comments by applying the following to all files:
    #!/bin/sh
    cp $1 /tmp/$1.copy; sed 's/\/\/.*$//g' /tmp/$1.copy > $1
    I agree they shouldn't be there, but the ODBC stuff is maintained
    outside the PostgreSQL development group. See
    http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc and see if you can get them to
    change it.

    maillist@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 8, '99 at 12:46p
activeOct 8, '99 at 4:18p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Peter Schaefer: 1 post Bruce Momjian: 1 post