HI,

I have real Problems with install postgres 6.5
on SCO Open Server 5.0.4
with the standard procedure i got this errors

gmake[2]: *** [scan.c] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

has anyone experience with this kind of problem ??

Please help

THANX
marco

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Lockhart at Sep 23, 1999 at 1:42 pm

    I have real Problems with install postgres 6.5
    on SCO Open Server 5.0.4
    with the standard procedure i got this errors
    gmake[2]: *** [scan.c] Error 1
    gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
    gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend'
    gmake: *** [all] Error 2
    Install bison and flex, *or* go into src/backend/parser/ and "touch"
    both scan.c and gram.c so the make system thinks that they are newer
    than the original source files scan.l and gram.y.

    I'm suprised that this is happening (it used to all the time, but we
    now try to generate scan.c and gram.c to ensure that the dates are
    consistant).

    Since you are just starting, make sure that you install v6.5.1 or
    v6.5.2 to get the latest bugfixes.

    - Thomas

    --
    Thomas Lockhart lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu