Hi, I'm Jordi Prat. I work in Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
(Barcelona - Spain) I'm a sysman. We use Linux, Apache, Php, msql,
mysql, Postgres (now), ... All good, very good and also free. We like
free soft only if it works properly. This product seems to feed in our
needs. Here are some data for your interest:

PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
Linux RedHat 6.0
Kernel 2.2.5-15
Hardware: 2 cpu i686
RAM: 64 Mb

It seems it's working !!!

It's slower than my-sql (a bit slower in general).

Insertions very slow vs my-sql.

Interesting: I made a test (big one test) and the system got out of
memory. Mysql server died. Postgres server was alive !!!

Now, testing trigers, transactions and all this things mysql doesn't
have.

Problem: 3 Tables (100.000 rows, 100 rows and 20 rows) Using Indexes
make tests slowers ??? I did a vaccum, but it didn't increase the speed.
What's the problem???

Impression: Very good product. Robust, not the fastest but also not the
slowest. It seems good. Need more time to test just to take a decission
abut using it. Good candidate.

Thank's for all,

jjprat

Search Discussions

  • Jordi Xavier Prat Grau at Sep 23, 1999 at 11:03 am
[...]

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 23, '99 at 9:54a
activeSep 23, '99 at 11:03a