Problems with PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on Irix 6.2

I just finished compiling postgresql for the first time on mu Indy. I
installed the system and then began to follow the instructions on
testing the backend. I ran the initdb OK. I then started the
postmaster. When I ran the createdb this is what I got:

FATAL: s_lock(004000c0) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

FATAL: s_lock(004000c0) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432101,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Can anyone tell me what this means?

-gerald

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 18, 1999 at 5:01 am
    Does the Irix faq on the web site say anything?
[...]

    ************

    maillist@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Gerald Hanks at Sep 18, 1999 at 5:12 am
    I did not see anything in the FAQ's although I noticed as I browsed through
    different platforms. I also noticed someone make the comment that they
    needed to increase the shared memory space on their system or something like
    that. I am not sure how to do that on my system. If anyone else out there
    has a clue as to whats going on please let me know.

    -gerald

    Bruce Momjian wrote:
[...]

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 18, '99 at 4:46a
activeSep 18, '99 at 5:12a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Gerald Hanks: 2 posts Bruce Momjian: 1 post