HI,

postresql newbie needs help!!!

i want to install postgresql Server on SCO Open Server
and i need also account on it from os/2 (client)

I have found postgresql server for os /2 but client???
and nothing about or for SCO open Server !

have anyone informations for me where i can get these things?

Or any other informations ????

anything helps, THANX

marco

Search Discussions

  • Marco Heidenwolf (s660448) at Aug 24, 1999 at 10:51 am
    HI,

    postresql newbie needs help!!!

    i want to install postgresql Server on SCO Open Server
    and i need also account on it from os/2 (client)

    I have found postgresql server for os /2 but client???
    and nothing about or for SCO open Server !

    have anyone informations for me where i can get these things?

    Or any other informations ????

    anything helps, THANX

    marco
  • Sean Mitchell at Aug 24, 1999 at 1:29 pm
    Hi Marco...

    <QUALIFIER>
    I'm also a newbie with Postgres....
    </QUALIFIER>

    I tried compiling postgres on SCO Unixware with no luck. There's nothing in
    any docs I found to suggest that anyone has done this. However, for your
    OS/2 client problem, you might try the EMX suite of tools. I used them years
    ago in my OS/2 days to compile unix stuff with some success. I can only
    imagine they've gotten better since then.

    Cheers,

    Sean
  • Billy G. Allie at Aug 25, 1999 at 5:32 am

    Sean Mitchell wrote:
    Hi Marco...

    <QUALIFIER>
    I'm also a newbie with Postgres....
    </QUALIFIER>

    I tried compiling postgres on SCO Unixware with no luck. There's nothing in
    any docs I found to suggest that anyone has done this. However, for your
    OS/2 client problem, you might try the EMX suite of tools. I used them years
    ago in my OS/2 days to compile unix stuff with some success. I can only
    imagine they've gotten better since then.
    Sean,

    What version of UnixWare and what development platform.

    I have successfully compiled postgresql on UnixWare 7.x with the UDK. In the
    past I have successfully compiled on UnixWare 2.x with the delevopment kit
    that came with 2.x.

    BTW: PostgreSQL will compile out of the box with UnixWare 7.x and the UDK. I
    nolonger have an active UnixWare 2.x system to test on, so I can't say if
    it still works.
    --
    ____ | Billy G. Allie | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
    /| | 7436 Hartwell | Compuserve: 76337,2061

[...]

  • Sean Mitchell at Aug 25, 1999 at 3:39 pm
    Bill,

    I was only casually interested as that server is dedicated for something
    else and I just wanted to see if it would compile out of the box. It was
    UnixWare 2.1.2, and I'm not sure what version of the development kit was
    installed. I've since got it going on NT (gack!) and that will have to be my
    target.

    Cheers,

    Sean

    What version of UnixWare and what development platform.

    I have successfully compiled postgresql on UnixWare 7.x with the UDK. In
    the
    past I have successfully compiled on UnixWare 2.x with the delevopment kit
    that came with 2.x.

    BTW: PostgreSQL will compile out of the box with UnixWare 7.x and the UDK.
    nolonger have an active UnixWare 2.x system to test on, so I can't say
    if
    it still works.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql