Hi!

I have just installed postgreSQL v6.5.1 onto a compaq DeskPro (with beefed up P166MMX) running RedHat Linux 6. Everything installed fine - much better than the RPM supplied on the CD, except for when I was running the regression tests where it failed at 8 bit precision for floating point numbers, now whilst I will not be using many large numbers, it is worrying to think hey won't be there is I do need to use them. I am guessing it has something to do with the bug in the FPU, but I am not sure how this impacts the use of larger numbers.

Please help!

Mikey

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql