Announcing release 2 of the lamar owen (lo) series of testing RPMS
available now at http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres.

RPM naming has been changed in this release to hopefully avoid confusion
with RPMS built by Thomas on ftp.postgresql.org.

Alpha CPU users should download the src.rpm and build -- please let me
know of problems. The patch that is applied is the one developed by
Uncle George and others, backported and packaged by Ryan Kirkpatrick --
in fact, it is the EXACT patch set he posted here recently. Other
architectures do not have the patches applied, thanks to the %ifarch RPM
directive.

Unless you are running RPMS of version 6.5 or later DO NOT USE 'rpm
-Uvh' TO UPGRADE -- IT WILL NOT WORK. Check the rpm_upgrade page on
Ramifordistat for upgrade instructions.

THESE ARE STILL TESTING -- BETA -- RPMS. Treat them as such -- please
give me feedback as to their suitability, bugs, etc. Bugs that are
general PostgreSQL bugs, OTOH....

RPM packaging has changed versus 6.4.2 or previous -- note the
cross-reference list:

Old package New package
----------- -----------
postgresql postgresql-server
postgresql-clients postgresql, postgresql-jdbc, postgresql-odbc,
postgresql-tcl, postgresql-perl,
postgresql-python
postgresql-devel postgresql-devel

To prevent rogue upgrading, these packages are built to conflict with
the 'postgresql-clients' package.

Changelog:
* Fri Aug 6 1999 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- Added alpha patches courtesy Ryan Kirkpatrick and Uncle George
- Renamed lamar owen series of RPMS with release of #lo
- Put Ramifordistat as vendor and URL for lamar owen RPM series,
-- until non-beta release coordinated with PGDG.

* Mon Jul 19 1999 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- Correct some file misappropriations:
-- /usr/lib/pgsql was in wrong package
-- createlang, destroylang, and vacuumdb now in main package
-- ipcclean now in server subpackage
-- The static libraries are now in the devel subpackage
-- /usr/lib/plpgsql.so and /usr/lib/pltcl.so now in server
- Cleaned up some historical artifacts for readability -- left