Hello,

I just want to share my experience compiling PostgreSQL...

PostgreSQL version: 6.5 (from CVS ~5 hours ago)
Operating system: Solaris 2.6
Machine: SPARC Ultra1 143MHz 64MB
gcc: 2.8.1
flex: 2.5.4
bison: 1.25

* I've been getting compiler errors with lex and yacc so I replaced
them with flex and bison, respectively. GNU tools were downloaded
from http://sunfreeware.com/.

Regression test results
=======================
strings .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
int2 .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
int4 .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
geometry .. failed <- ok: floating point diff
abstime .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
tinterval .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
horology .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
constraints .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
errors .. failed <- ok: error msg diff

Output of "time make runtest" on regression directory (fsync off)
real 4m37.89s
user 0m3.76s
sys 0m3.98s

Cheers,
Mike

Search Discussions

  • Herouth Maoz at Jun 13, 1999 at 5:28 pm

    abstime .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of PST
    tinterval .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of PST
    horology .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of PST
    These are normal. Solaris seems to have a problem with certain timezones
    before the year 1970. So, unless you use Postgres for old dates where time
    is of an essence, this is quite OK.

    Herouth

    --
    Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.