The recent report of success for NetBSD-m68k reminded me that there are
a few platforms on our "supported list" which have not had reports of
success for Postgres-v6.4 (or if there were reports I neglected to
update the list).

If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(

DGUX 5.4R4.11-m88k
Anyone? Former maintainer lost machine

IRIX 6.x-MIPS

linux 2.0.x-Alpha
Recent progress on Alpha machines; does that include linux?

NetBSD 1.3-VAX
Tom's machine broke. Anyone else?

SCO UnixWare 2.x
There is another entry for Unixware 7. Is 2.x obsolete?

SunOS (4.1.4?)
Is non-Solaris SunOS defunct?

SVR4-m88k

btw, we are currently listing 27 supported platforms, including those
above.

- Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Dec 29, 1998 at 5:24 pm

    "Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
    If anyone has news or success on the following ports, please let us/me
    know and I'll update the list. Machines which have no reports are likely
    to be listed as unsupported for v6.5 :(
    SunOS (4.1.4?)
    Is non-Solaris SunOS defunct?
    I tested 6.4 on SunOS 4.1.4 and it more or less worked --- no int8
    support, and a number of regression tests show differences traceable
    to SunOS's atol() failing to report integer overflow. Stephen Kogge
    has been looking into whether it's possible to get rid of those problems
    by using pieces of GNU libc, but I dunno whether it's really worth the
    trouble.

    I did see a more serious problem, a backend coredump in the "opr_sanity"
    test. That's been reported on at least one other platform (cf. message
    from Keith Parks on the hackers list, 14-Dec), so I think it may be an
    actual portability bug in the 6.4 code. I do not have the time or
    expertise to track it down though.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedDec 29, '98 at 3:08p
activeDec 29, '98 at 5:24p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Thomas G. Lockhart: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post