I've been using Postgres for years on FreeBSD boxen with very
little problems.

My company have now given me a big Sun box with 4 AMD64 processors
to told me to port my system to it. The problem is that I am not
fluent in Solaris!

I am adding CFLAGS='-m64' to the configure line, but gcc and ld
seem strangely reluctant to use 64bit components, with the configure
script failing to run the test compile with the error:

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

I've used 'crle' to set the paths, but it appears that only controls
the loading, not the linking.

So I would like to know just what parameters to hand to configure
to make this work.

I had a look on the 'buildfarm' page, and saw that emperor_moth was
nominaly the same type of build. But I can't see there where a 64 bit
build is being requested.

I'm probably missing somethig simple!

Regards,
Harry.

Search Discussions

  • Zdenek Kotala at Mar 24, 2008 at 7:21 pm
    You can download 8.3.1 64bit version for Solaris from community web site
    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.1/solaris/i386/

    Or is there something missing what you need? I also put Bjorn on CC. He builded
    this packages, but we use Sun Studio compiler.

    You can also look how 8.2 is builded in opensolaris:

    http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/postgres/postgresql-8.2/

    Zdenek

    Harry Broomhall napsal(a):
[...]

  • Harry Broomhall at Mar 24, 2008 at 10:11 pm
    Thank you for your rapid reply.