Hi,
While compiling the postgres 8.1x on mingw tool,
getting following error. Does anyone have any clue
what is going on here? Does it requires to fix
makefile? If so which make file and what exactly is
the change required?
Following is the error I am getting.

dlltool --dllname postgres.exe --def postgres.def
--output-lib libpostgres.a
C:\msys\1.0\mingw\bin\dlltool.exe: CreateProcess
make[2]: *** [libpostgres.a] Error 1
make[2]: *** Deleting file `libpostgres.a'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/postgresql/src/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

  • Magnus Hagander at Feb 5, 2008 at 3:44 pm

    While compiling the postgres 8.1x on mingw tool,
    getting following error. Does anyone have any clue
    what is going on here? Does it requires to fix
    makefile? If so which make file and what exactly is
    the change required?
    Following is the error I am getting.

    dlltool --dllname postgres.exe --def postgres.def
    --output-lib libpostgres.a
    C:\msys\1.0\mingw\bin\dlltool.exe: CreateProcess
    make[2]: *** [libpostgres.a] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Deleting file `libpostgres.a'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/postgresql/src/backend'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    This looks like an internal error somewhere in mingw, in that it can't
    execute CreateProcess itself calling some sub-process. I think something is
    bad in your build environment.

    //Magnus

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql