Hi..

I need to port libpq to a platform that doesn't have a POSIX-like
network API, so I was wondering if the network usage on libpq was
layered somehow? I noticed that it has code for win32, so I guess
there's something, but I didn't see much. Is there any documentation
on how to do this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks..

Ariel.

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Jan 5, 2008 at 5:13 pm

    Ariel Manzur wrote:
    Hi..

    I need to port libpq to a platform that doesn't have a POSIX-like
    network API, so I was wondering if the network usage on libpq was
    layered somehow? I noticed that it has code for win32, so I guess
    there's something, but I didn't see much. Is there any documentation
    on how to do this?
    There is no documentation I know of about porting libpq to other
    platforms. It normally "just works", with some adjustments for Win32,
    as you mentioned. If you are more specific about problems you are
    having we can help.

  • Ariel Manzur at Jan 5, 2008 at 8:17 pm

    I need to port libpq to a platform that doesn't have a POSIX-like
    network API, so I was wondering if the network usage on libpq was
    layered somehow? I noticed that it has code for win32, so I guess
    there's something, but I didn't see much. Is there any documentation
    on how to do this?
    There is no documentation I know of about porting libpq to other
    platforms. It normally "just works", with some adjustments for Win32,
    as you mentioned. If you are more specific about problems you are
    having we can help.
    No "problems" yet, just looking at what I need to get started.. I
    noticed that it includes other libraries like openssl.h and krb5.h, do
    any of those make their own calls to the posix network api? Also, is
    it supposed to also work with filesystem sockets too?

    I've been looking at the code and I see there's calls to send, recv,
    socket, etc directly, so I guess I'll have to isolate them myself.. It
    seems to include pthreads too, but it looks like it should be easy to
    replace.

    Thanks for the reply..

    Ariel.
  • Bruce Momjian at Jan 5, 2008 at 8:32 pm

    Ariel Manzur wrote:
    I need to port libpq to a platform that doesn't have a POSIX-like
    network API, so I was wondering if the network usage on libpq was
    layered somehow? I noticed that it has code for win32, so I guess
    there's something, but I didn't see much. Is there any documentation
    on how to do this?
    There is no documentation I know of about porting libpq to other
    platforms. It normally "just works", with some adjustments for Win32,
    as you mentioned. If you are more specific about problems you are
    having we can help.
    No "problems" yet, just looking at what I need to get started.. I
    noticed that it includes other libraries like openssl.h and krb5.h, do
    any of those make their own calls to the posix network api? Also, is
    it supposed to also work with filesystem sockets too?
    SSL, Kerberos are all optionally added via configure, so they aren't
    required initially. Filesystem sockets is similarly controlled by
    HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS.
    I've been looking at the code and I see there's calls to send, recv,
    socket, etc directly, so I guess I'll have to isolate them myself.. It
    seems to include pthreads too, but it looks like it should be easy to
    replace.
    Yes, the networking part is a requirement.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 5, '08 at 9:30a
activeJan 5, '08 at 8:32p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Ariel Manzur: 2 posts Bruce Momjian: 2 posts