Hi all,

I'm just a FreeBSD Admin, not a DB admin and this is the first time I've installed Postgresql as I'm trying to build OpenNMS. I have a clean install of 6.2-RELEASE.

I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server. That went fine, no problems there. I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it wants some postgreql src files. I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and pg_config_os.h.

I find pg_config.c under /src/bin/pg_config, but not pg_config.h or pg_config_os.h.

I find pg_config.h.in, pg_config.h.win32 and pg_config_manual.h. Still no pg_config.h or pg_config_os.h

I figured I'd download the 8.1.4 src from the postgresql site, but there isn't any. Is it on an FTP server somewhere? Or, is 8.1.4 unique to the FreeBSD ports system?

Does anyone know what I can do at this point?

Is this more of a FreeBSD ports question?

This is the compilation that fails:

postgresql.compile:
[cc] 1 total files to be compiled.
[cc] In file included from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:48,
[cc] from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
[cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:53:23: pg_config.h: No such file or directory
[cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:56:72: pg_config_os.h: No such file or directory
[cc] In file included from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:822,
[cc] from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:48,
[cc] from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
[cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/port.h:327: error: conflicting types for 'srandom'
[cc] /usr/include/stdlib.h:210: error: previous declaration of 'srandom' was here
[cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/port.h:327: error: conflicting types for 'srandom'
[cc] /usr/include/stdlib.h:210: error: previous declaration of 'srandom' was here
[cc] In file included from /usr/include/setjmp.h:48,
[cc] from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/utils/elog.h:17,
[cc] from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:49,
[cc] from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
[cc] /usr/include/machine/setjmp.h:51: error: conflicting types for 'jmp_buf'
[cc] /usr/include/machine/setjmp.h:48: error: previous declaration of 'jmp_buf' was here

Thanks,
Bob

Search Discussions

  • Peter Eisentraut at Aug 16, 2007 at 2:55 pm

    I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server.  That went fine, no
    problems there.  I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
    wants some postgreql src files.  I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
    to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
    pg_config_os.h.
    You need to run ./configure to get these files.
  • Tom Lane at Aug 16, 2007 at 3:25 pm

    Peter Eisentraut writes:
    I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server.  That went fine, no
    problems there.  I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
    wants some postgreql src files.  I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
    to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
    pg_config_os.h.
    You need to run ./configure to get these files.
    If you're trying to match an existing installation, be careful to
    configure with the same options that the package maker used
    (pg_config --configure should tell you that).

    On the whole, a prebuilt package *should* provide those files for you,
    just to avoid potential mistakes. Are you sure you have the whole
    port package? Maybe you need a -devel subpackage or something like
    that (that's where they live in RPM-land, anyway).

    regards, tom lane
  • Bob Middaugh at Aug 16, 2007 at 3:36 pm

    From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server. That went fine, no
    problems there. I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
    wants some postgreql src files. I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
    to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
    pg_config_os.h.
    You need to run ./configure to get these files.
    If you're trying to match an existing installation, be careful to
    configure with the same options that the package maker used
    (pg_config --configure should tell you that).

    On the whole, a prebuilt package *should* provide those files for you,
    just to avoid potential mistakes. Are you sure you have the whole
    port package? Maybe you need a -devel subpackage or something like
    that (that's where they live in RPM-land, anyway).
    Thanks Tom,

    ./compile in the src directory created pg_config.h and pg_config_os.h for me under /src/include and my build completed successfully. ( forgot to CC the list when I thanked Peter.) FreeBSD ports aren't prebuilt packages, it's src that you run "make clean install" against. For some reason during Make, FreeBSD puts postgres.h under /src/include, but not the other two anywhere...go figure.

    Bob

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 16, '07 at 2:46p