Hello Sir,

I am trying to connect postgresql to java but I am not able .
Actually problem is that i have confugured the postgresql.conf and
pg_hba.conf files as per given in the documentation
I had installed postgresql 8.2 version on Fedora Core 4
in my pg_hba.conf file my settings are as follows

local all all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 trust

and in postgesql.conf file

listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432
max_connections = 100

then i started the server with the following command
./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i
server was started but i m not able to telnet
telnet localhost 5432

in the log files this error is coming
LOG:invalid length of startup packet

Plz help me asap. as i urgently need it in my project

Regards
sss1

Search Discussions

  • Jörg Heßdörfer at Jun 8, 2007 at 11:45 am
    Hi,
    I am trying to connect postgresql to java but I am not able .
    Actually problem is that i have confugured the postgresql.conf and
    pg_hba.conf files as per given in the documentation
    I had installed postgresql 8.2 version on Fedora Core 4
    in my pg_hba.conf file my settings are as follows

    local all all trust
    # IPv4 local connections:
    host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
    # IPv6 local connections:
    host all all ::1/128 trust

    and in postgesql.conf file

    listen_addresses = '*'
    port = 5432
    max_connections = 100

    then i started the server with the following command
    ./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i
    server was started but i m not able to telnet
    telnet localhost 5432

    in the log files this error is coming
    LOG:invalid length of startup packet
    This is to be expected. Connection via telnet to the DB is not supported ;-)
    What the LOG entry tells you, though, is that the database is waiting for
    network connections, so your setup should be OK.
    Please try with psql: 'psql -h localhost -U <your username> template1'
    You should either get an errormessage, or a login prompt.
    Plz help me asap. as i urgently need it in my project

    Regards
    sss1
    Greetings,
    Jörg
    --
    S.E.A. Datentechnik GmbH
    Jörg Heßdörfer, Leiter Softwareentwicklung

    Informationen nach 37aHGB, 35a GmbH-Gesetz:
    S.E.A.
    Science & Engineering Applications
    Datentechnik GmbH
    Sitz der Gesellschaft Köln
    Handelsregister Köln HRB 27016
    Geschäftsführer: Dr. Gerd Schmitz, Wolfram Koerver

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 8, '07 at 10:57a
activeJun 8, '07 at 11:45a