hi all ,
i m a newbie for ubuntu and postgresql . i have ubuntu edgy eft installed
in my system and i was trying to install deb packages of postgresql 8.x but
it causes me dependency error. everywhere i could see comands for installing
with a internet connection . i just want to know how could install
postgresql without internet connection . where can i get all the dependent
lib files for postgresql . i m just suffering a lot without internet
connection.please if someone could help me

thanks in advance

ashok

  • Martin Pitt at Jun 1, 2007 at 6:21 am
    Hi ashok,

    MacH G [2007-05-31 20:47 +0530]:
    i m a newbie for ubuntu and postgresql . i have ubuntu edgy eft installed
    in my system and i was trying to install deb packages of postgresql 8.x but
    it causes me dependency error. everywhere i could see comands for
    installing
    with a internet connection . i just want to know how could install
    postgresql without internet connection . where can i get all the dependent
    lib files for postgresql . i m just suffering a lot without internet
    connection.please if someone could help me
    Please note that this type of request is entirely inappropriate for
    this upstream developer mailing list. It should be an answer ticket on

    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/

    There are some possibilities. The easiest one is to download the Edgy
    server CD [1], insert it on the Edgy installation, say 'yes' to the
    question that pops up whether you want to open the package manager for
    it, and select it there. Everything will be installed from the CD
    then.

    Alternatively, use 'sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.1' to display
    the list of necessary dependencies and download them from a computer
    with network. You need to get the right versions, of course, so please
    use 'apt-cache show <package>' to see which one you need.

    Martin

    [1] http://releases.ubuntu.com/6.10/

    --
    Martin Pitt http://www.piware.de