uday shankar wrote: hello sir,
My name is uday .I am using postgres commands since 3 days and it was running perfectly.
When i opened postgres today asusually , i was encountered with a problem that,whenever i type a 'select' statement or if i asked 'help' ,it is showing some error like this
" 'more' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file " , i donno where this 'more' command came from.
but when i create a table or inserted values in it ,it is working perfectly,but it is not showing the table of contents.

Please check this problem and send me mail back,it was very urgent as i have to work on this database and submit my project soon.
Thanking You Sir,

Yours Faithfully,
Uday Phani Shankar.

---------------------------------

UDAY PHANI SHANKAR.B

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

  • Michael Crozier at Mar 1, 2006 at 2:57 am

    uday shankar wrote: hello sir,
    My name is uday .I am using postgres commands since 3 days and it
    was running perfectly. When i opened postgres today asusually , i
    was encountered with a problem that,whenever i type a 'select'
    statement or if i asked 'help' ,it is showing some error like this
    " 'more' is not recognized as an internal or external
    command,operable program or batch file " , i donno where this
    'more' command came from. but when i create a table or inserted
    values in it ,it is working perfectly,but it is not showing the
    table of contents.

    Please check this problem and send me mail back,it was very
    urgent as i have to work on this database and submit my project
    soon. Thanking You Sir,

    Yours Faithfully,
    Uday Phani Shankar.

    ---------------------------------
    You did not mention what operating system you are using, but I'll
    assume that it is a UNIX variant.

    psql is looking for the "pager" application, which displays data one
    terminal page at a time. Usually this program is /bin/more. I
    believe that psql uses /bin/more by default, but an alternate
    application may be specified in the PAGER environment variable.

    Michael

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 24, '06 at 3:18p
activeMar 1, '06 at 2:57a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Michael Crozier: 1 post Uday shankar: 1 post