Hi,

I am trying to install "postgresql-8.0.0-rc2 "version of postgreSQL on
windows-2003 through 'Remote Desktop Access'

And i am getting error saying that, i am not allowed to install through
remote server.

Could anybody help what is this all about?

Is this been corrected in the latest version of postgreSQL

Thanks in advance

Sudarshan

Search Discussions

  • Sudharshan Prabhu at Sep 1, 2005 at 2:25 pm
    ________________________________

    I am trying to install "postgresql-8.0.0-rc2 "version of postgreSQL on
    windows-2003 through 'Remote Desktop Access'

    And i am getting error saying that, i am not allowed to install through
    remote server.

    Could anybody help what is this all about?

    Is this been corrected in the latest version of postgreSQL

    Thanks in advance

    Sudarshan
  • Magnus Hagander at Sep 6, 2005 at 7:26 am

    Hi,

    I am trying to install "postgresql-8.0.0-rc2 "version of
    postgreSQL on windows-2003 through 'Remote Desktop Access'
    Why on earth install a release candidate when the release has been out
    for more than half a year?! you sohuld definitly be getting 8.0.3
    instead! It contains very important fixes over RC2!

    (If you want a testing version, you should be doing 8.1-beta1, but there
    is no installer available for that one yet)

    And i am getting error saying that, i am not allowed to
    install through remote server.

    Could anybody help what is this all about?
    See question 3.5 in the FAQ at
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html.

    Is this been corrected in the latest version of postgreSQL
    I don't beleive so.

    //Magnus

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql