FAQ
I'm kinda new as this so keep that in mind. I got the latest code from cvs
today. When I do make install I get this error
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
/bin/sh.exe ../../../config/install-sh -c pg_dump.exe
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump.exe
/bin/sh.exe ../../../config/install-sh -c pg_restore.exe
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_restore.exe
/bin/sh.exe ../../../config/install-sh -c pg_dumpall.exe
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dumpall.exe
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/bin/pg_dump'
make[3]: Entering directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/bin/psql'
make -C ../../../src/interfaces/libpq all
make[4]: Entering directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq'
make -C ../../../src/port all
make[4]: Entering directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
"" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
/bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
make[3]: *** [sql_help.h] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/bin/psql'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/bin'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jul 1, 2005 at 8:20 pm

    Bob writes:
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    You need perl installed to build from CVS. If you don't want to do
    that, consider building from the nightly tarball snapshot instead.

    (Probably configure ought to warn about this, the same way it warns
    about missing bison and flex.)

    regards, tom lane
  • Bob at Jul 1, 2005 at 8:27 pm
    Ah yes that would be nice. I hit those issues but the warning gave me enough
    information to go out and install the needed peices.
    Thanks
    On 7/1/05, Tom Lane wrote:

    Bob <luckyratfoot@gmail.com> writes:
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    You need perl installed to build from CVS. If you don't want to do
    that, consider building from the nightly tarball snapshot instead.

    (Probably configure ought to warn about this, the same way it warns
    about missing bison and flex.)

    regards, tom lane
  • Bob at Jul 1, 2005 at 8:46 pm
    I installed perl as seen below. I than ran my configre and make install from
    the same prompt that you see below. However I still get the error message.

    $ perl --version

    This is perl, v5.8.7 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    (with 7 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

    Copyright 1987-2005, Larry Wall

    Binary build 813 [148120] provided by ActiveState
    http://www.ActiveState.com<http://www.activestate.com/>
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Jun 6 2005 13:36:37

    Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
    the
    GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

    Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
    this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
    Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    Ah yes that would be nice. I hit those issues but the warning gave me
    enough information to go out and install the needed peices.
    Thanks
    On 7/1/05, Tom Lane wrote:

    Bob <luckyratfoot@gmail.com> writes:
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    You need perl installed to build from CVS. If you don't want to do
    that, consider building from the nightly tarball snapshot instead.

    (Probably configure ought to warn about this, the same way it warns
    about missing bison and flex.)

    regards, tom lane
  • Bob at Jul 1, 2005 at 8:56 pm
    Before I waste much of your valuable time, I will play with paths and make
    sure the Perl install really set the path like it said it would.
    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    I installed perl as seen below. I than ran my configre and make install
    from the same prompt that you see below. However I still get the error
    message.

    $ perl --version

    This is perl, v5.8.7 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    (with 7 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

    Copyright 1987-2005, Larry Wall

    Binary build 813 [148120] provided by ActiveState
    http://www.ActiveState.com <http://www.activestate.com/>
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Jun 6 2005 13:36:37

    Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
    the
    GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

    Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
    this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
    Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    Ah yes that would be nice. I hit those issues but the warning gave me
    enough information to go out and install the needed peices.
    Thanks
    On 7/1/05, Tom Lane wrote:

    Bob < luckyratfoot@gmail.com> writes:
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    You need perl installed to build from CVS. If you don't want to do
    that, consider building from the nightly tarball snapshot instead.

    (Probably configure ought to warn about this, the same way it warns
    about missing bison and flex.)

    regards, tom lane
  • Bob at Jul 1, 2005 at 9:05 pm
    Ok I good to go. I just entered the path in and made a variable called PERL
    with a value of perl. Not sure if that last part is needed but I had to do
    that with FLEX if I remeber correctly.
    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    Before I waste much of your valuable time, I will play with paths and make
    sure the Perl install really set the path like it said it would.
    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    I installed perl as seen below. I than ran my configre and make install
    from the same prompt that you see below. However I still get the error
    message.

    $ perl --version

    This is perl, v5.8.7 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    (with 7 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

    Copyright 1987-2005, Larry Wall

    Binary build 813 [148120] provided by ActiveState
    http://www.ActiveState.com <http://www.activestate.com/>
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Jun 6 2005 13:36:37

    Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
    or the
    GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

    Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
    this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to
    the
    Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home
    Page.

    On 7/1/05, Bob wrote:

    Ah yes that would be nice. I hit those issues but the warning gave me
    enough information to go out and install the needed peices.
    Thanks
    On 7/1/05, Tom Lane wrote:

    Bob < luckyratfoot@gmail.com> writes:
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/pgsql/src/port'
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    You need perl installed to build from CVS. If you don't want to do
    that, consider building from the nightly tarball snapshot instead.

    (Probably configure ought to warn about this, the same way it warns
    about missing bison and flex.)

    regards, tom lane
  • Peter Eisentraut at Jul 1, 2005 at 8:21 pm

    Bob wrote:
    "" create_help.pl ../../../doc/src/sgml/ref sql_help.h
    /bin/sh.exe: ./: is a directory
    make[3]: *** [sql_help.h] Error 127
    Perl is missing. Make sure you have it installed and configure finds
    it.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 1, '05 at 7:55p
activeJul 1, '05 at 9:05p
posts7
users3
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

3 users in discussion

Bob: 5 posts Peter Eisentraut: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase