I have successfully installed postgres 7.3.1 on windows 2000 server. When I am trying to start the server using, net start postmaster , postmaster service did not started.
I got the following message in postmaster.log
postmaster: cannot create INET stream port.
Any insight would be greatly appreciable.

Regards
Veera Surathu
Visit our Website at http://www.rm.com

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. Internet communications are not secure; therefore, RM does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

This email has been scanned for viruses by Trend ScanMail.

Search Discussions

  • Robert Treat at Mar 18, 2005 at 12:28 am

    I have successfully installed postgres 7.3.1 on windows 2000 server.
    why? go get 8.0 which has both native windows support and a bunch of bug
    fixes and performance enhancements over a crufty version of 7.3...

    --
    Robert Treat
  • Veera Sivakumar at Mar 18, 2005 at 8:47 am

[...]

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 16, '05 at 9:19a
activeMar 18, '05 at 8:47a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Veera Sivakumar: 2 posts Robert Treat: 1 post