Hi i am from colombia and i need some help about my database with postgre
sql 8.0, my question is that i need to connect my database to visual basic
6.0 but i seach in the web page www.postgresql.com and i went to interfaces
but i can´t found how i connect mi database to visual basic 6.0 i don´t know
if you have something to help me for this problem some code or anything.

thanks

Search Discussions

  • Chris Langlois at Mar 8, 2005 at 4:54 am
    Do you mean connect with VB from a Windows platform? I know you can
    run DTS jobs, et al with either an ODBC driver or an OLE driver.

    Hi i am from colombia and i need some help about my database with
    postgre sql 8.0, my question is that i need to connect my database to
    visual basic 6.0 but i seach in the web page www.postgresql.com and i
    went to interfaces but i can´t found how i connect mi database to
    visual basic 6.0 i don´t know if you have something to help me for
    this problem some code or anything.

    thanks

    ---------------------------(end of
    broadcast)---------------------------
    TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend
  • Lsunley at Mar 8, 2005 at 4:59 am
    Hi

    Install the postgreSQL ODBC driver, set up a DSN for the database and use
    ADO to connect to the DSN

    Lorne

    In <BAY16-F160E42472D84F7830E60C5A85D0@phx.gbl>, on 03/05/05
    Hi i am from colombia and i need some help about my database with
    postgre sql 8.0, my question is that i need to connect my database to
    visual basic 6.0 but i seach in the web page www.postgresql.com and i
    went to interfaces but i can t found how i connect mi database to visual
    basic 6.0 i don t know if you have something to help me for this
    problem some code or anything.
    thanks
    TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend
    lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca