I am having problems installing PostgresSQL 8.0.0 on our windows 2003
server. I downloaded the postgresql-8.0.1.zip installer from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32/ but each time I try to install it I get
a "Error binding test network socket: 10013" error message. This always
happens at the point where the installer brings up the initialise database
cluster window dialogue.
I checked on the Microsoft website to find out what the error code meant and
it said "Permission denied.
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access
permissions."
I get this error no matter who am logged in as or how.
Any help you can offer will be highly appreciated
Thanks
Adewale Adodo
Systems Administrator
PRO IV Limited
Boundary Way
Hemel Hempstead
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 232424 ext 2667
Fax: +44 (0) 1442 231382
adewale.adodo@proiv.com
www.proiv.com

This email is sent on behalf of Northgate Information Solutions UK Limited ("Northgate") and is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). It may contain personal and confidential information and as such may be protected by the Data Protection Act 1998.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email you must: (i) not disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use its contents in any way or you may be acting unlawfully; (ii) contact Northgate immediately on +44 (0)1442 232424 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of Northgate.

Northgate has scanned this email for viruses but does not accept any responsibility once this email has been transmitted. You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Search Discussions

  • Boykov at Feb 3, 2005 at 11:57 am
    Hi, Adewale.

    Do you have installed terminal service on your W2K3 ?
    I see similar messages on my server. Than I deinstall terminal,
    install postgresql, install terminal.
    Try this way, possibly it works.

    --

    boykov
  • Magnus Hagander at Feb 3, 2005 at 2:04 pm

    I am having problems installing PostgresSQL 8.0.0 on our
    windows 2003 server. I downloaded the postgresql-8.0.1.zip
    installer from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32/ but each
    time I try to install it I get a "Error binding test network
    socket: 10013" error message. This always happens at the
    point where the installer brings up the initialise database
    cluster window dialogue.
    I checked on the Microsoft website to find out what the error
    code meant and it said "Permission denied.
    An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by
    its access permissions."
    I'd put my bet down on a host based firewall, antivirus or similar
    software that's not permitting the opening of network server sockets.
    You will need to disable that protection and/or uninstall the software
    that's preventing it.

    //Magnus

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql