I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I wanted to
report that I have built Postgresql 8.0.0 successfully under Tru64 5.1B-2
using the bundled C compiler.

I am not sure if the configure script is smart enough to figure this out on
its own these days, but based on earlier builds I am still including "-ieee
-std" in CFLAGS on the configure command line. Everything else is automagic.

Thanks for an excellent product,

Scott Bailey
scott.bailey@eds.com

Search Discussions

  • Peter Eisentraut at Jan 25, 2005 at 6:39 pm

    Bailey, Scott wrote:
    I am not sure if the configure script is smart enough to figure this
    out on its own these days, but based on earlier builds I am still
    including "-ieee -std" in CFLAGS on the configure command line.
    Yes, it should figure this out itself. We already have another report
    for this platform, so I assume it works.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 21, '05 at 4:00p
activeJan 25, '05 at 6:39p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Bailey, Scott: 1 post Peter Eisentraut: 1 post