RE: v8 SRPM packages for fedora-legacy Redhat Linux 7.x / 9

Hi There

I maintain a number of Legacy Redhat Linux 7.x systems. In particular a
considerable amount of time was invested in an Oracle 9i / RH Linux 7.3
system that I wanted to compare ( performance wise ) directly with postgresql

All my development work is done on a RH 7.2 Desktop, with the latest
GNU autoconf / automake from 7.3

I ceased all testing and regular upgrading when SRPMS were no longer
to be found for these ( now fedora-legacy ) platforms. Note that a considerable
number of my sysadmin peers are STILL supporting RedHat 7.x and 9
production servers, with security patches from fedora-legacy.

I usually build i686 RPM binaries from the SRPM packages locally, and work
from these.

Can you give consideration to supplying the v8 release candidate packages
as Redhat 7.x SRPMS also please? If so I will resume the work that I abandoned
last year on postgresql building / upgrading / testing.

--

-- James

To reply by private email DONT delete the "nospam" in
Reply To or From header addresses!

Search Discussions

  • Devrim Gündüz at Jan 17, 2005 at 6:27 pm
    Hi James,