Greetings,

I built postgreSQL 8.0 beta 4 from scratch on Windows XP SP1 using minGW/MSYS and encountered the following error when attempting to run the resulting executable:

could not get token information: 122

I appreciate any help...
Fred J.

  • Magnus Hagander at Nov 13, 2004 at 10:56 pm
    This is clearly a case of oversight in my fix of token buffers in
    src/backend/port/win32/security.c.

    pgwin32_is_admin() correctly uses a dynamic buffer. pgwin32_is_service()
    does not.

    I'll code up a patch for this tomorrow, unless beaten to it. If you want
    to do it yourself, just copy the logic from is_admin to is_service. note
    that there are two calls to gettokeninformation in is_service - both
    need dynamic buffers.

    //Magnus

    I built postgreSQL 8.0 beta 4 from scratch on Windows XP SP1
    using minGW/MSYS and encountered the following error when attempting to
    run the resulting executable:

    could not get token information: 122

    I appreciate any help...
    Fred J.