/etc/profile. Doing so kept me from running different versions of the
PostgreSQL commands under different circumstances.

Search Discussions

  • Rich Silva at Oct 13, 2004 at 12:40 am

    From: Richard_D_Levine ( at ) raytheon ( dot ) com
    To: pgsql-ports ( at ) postgresql ( dot ) org
    Subject: Fedora Core 2
    Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:42:20 -0500
    PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 installs with no problems on FC2. I only post > this
    because I could find no other reference to FC2 in the archives. I had
    installed 7.4.5 using RPMs previously.

    The 7.4.5 RPMs by default install commands in /usr/bin, libs in /usr/lib,
    etc. 8.0.0 by default installs in /usr/local/pgsql. I erased the 7.4.5
    RPMs and reset PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and MANPATH to the new location in
    /etc/profile. Doing so kept me from running different versions of the
    PostgreSQL commands under different circumstances.
    [NEWBIE ALERT]
    I'd be very interested in locating either the source tree or the binaries
    for the 8.0 Beta. Where would I look for those?

    (Also, the BitTorrent links for the 8.0 Beta3 stuff at
    http://bt.postgresql.org/ seem non-functional... At least they do not start
    downloads for me (although the 7.4.5 versions did)

    Rich Silva

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 11, '04 at 7:42p
activeOct 13, '04 at 12:40a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Richard_d_levine: 1 post Rich Silva: 1 post