While installing postgreSQL 7.4.5 on unixware.
I encounter this error while trying to create database

"creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/...FATAL: XX000
FATAL LOCATION initialize GUOptions,guc.c 1867
initdb failed"

What could be the possible solution to this problem

Regards

Donald

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Oct 10, 2004 at 7:49 pm

    "Geminia Insurance Co. Ltd" <info@geminia.co.ke> writes:
    While installing postgreSQL 7.4.5 on unixware.
    I encounter this error while trying to create database
    "creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/...FATAL: XX000
    FATAL LOCATION initialize GUOptions,guc.c 1867
    initdb failed"
    Could we see a more accurate copy of the error message please?
    You left out the interesting parts (like which variable was being
    initialized and to what).

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql