Hello,

I have been trying to compile PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on the HPUX 11.23 IA64
platform and I have been able to work through most of the minor issues that
come up. It compiles successfully, however it misses building the libpq.so
file which i need for the other program that will use Postgres as the backed
database.

I keep getting the following if I try to build it:

#/postgresql-7.4.5/src/interfaces/libpq/gmake all
gmake: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Your help in this regard would be appreciated.

Sabih Nasir
Systems Engineer
IP Services
Cogeco Cable Inc.

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 2, 2004 at 12:58 am

    Sabih Nasir wrote:
    Hello,

    I have been trying to compile PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on the HPUX 11.23 IA64
    platform and I have been able to work through most of the minor issues that
    come up. It compiles successfully, however it misses building the libpq.so
    file which i need for the other program that will use Postgres as the backed
    database.

    I keep getting the following if I try to build it:

    #/postgresql-7.4.5/src/interfaces/libpq/gmake all
    gmake: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    What does 'gmake clean' give you?

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

    I was able to solve the problem. Version 7.4.2 is already ported over to
    HPUX 11.23i and I was able to get it off the HP website at
    http://software.hp.com

    Thanks.
    Sabih

    I have been trying to compile PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on the HPUX 11.23 IA64
    platform and I have been able to work through most of the minor issues
    that come up. It compiles successfully, however it misses building the
    libpq.so file which i need for the other program that will use
    Postgres as the backed database.

    I keep getting the following if I try to build it:

    #/postgresql-7.4.5/src/interfaces/libpq/gmake all
    gmake: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    What does 'gmake clean' give you?

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 1, '04 at 2:42p
activeSep 2, '04 at 5:21p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Sabih Nasir: 2 posts Bruce Momjian: 1 post