Hello I am running cygwin and Windows XP and get the following error.

$ /usr/bin/psql -x -E -l

********* QUERY **********

SELECT d.datname as "Name",

u.usename as "Owner",

pg_catalog.pg_encoding_to_char(d.encoding) as "Encoding"

FROM pg_catalog.pg_database d

LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_user u ON d.datdba = u.usesysid

ORDER BY 1;

**************************

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

$ /usr/bin/psql -V

psql (PostgreSQL) 7.4.1

contains support for command-line editing

$ initdb -V

initdb (PostgreSQL) 7.4.1

I can get into psql but any command such as \dt etc also results in
parse error.

Any help would be appreciated,

Rgds,

Mary.

Search Discussions

  • Peter Eisentraut at Apr 6, 2004 at 12:19 am

    Mary O'Donovan wrote:
    Hello I am running cygwin and Windows XP and get the following error.

    $ /usr/bin/psql -x -E -l

    ********* QUERY **********

    SELECT d.datname as "Name",

    u.usename as "Owner",

    pg_catalog.pg_encoding_to_char(d.encoding) as "Encoding"

    FROM pg_catalog.pg_database d

    LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_user u ON d.datdba = u.usesysid

    ORDER BY 1;

    ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("
    Maybe you are connected to an older server.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 1, '04 at 7:44a
activeApr 6, '04 at 12:19a