Hello.

Is it possible to compile postgresql-7.4 on Mac OS X with libedit? Mac
OS X Panther has libedit, but postgresql configure script complains
about missing readline.

- Tore.

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Dec 7, 2003 at 8:06 pm

    Tore Halset writes:
    Is it possible to compile postgresql-7.4 on Mac OS X with libedit? Mac
    OS X Panther has libedit, but postgresql configure script complains
    about missing readline.
    configure looks for libedit too; that case allegedly works on some BSD
    variants. Do you have a complete installation of libedit (headers as
    well as library)? If so, let's see the full trace of configure probing
    for this feature ...

    regards, tom lane
  • Tore Halset at Dec 7, 2003 at 8:51 pm