Hallo All,

is it possible, that the compilation of the windows client from beta 5
source tree no longer works with MS VC++ 6.0?

According to the documentation, I simply stated 'nmake /f win32.mak'.

The compiler complains about missing header files <pthread.h> and <pwd.h> in
'port/thread.c'. I commented out these two lines and libpq.dll builds
without problems.

When it comes to 'psql.exe' the build process is aborted once again due to
an unresolved external 'simple_prompt'.

Since I only needed 'libpq.dll' this is no problem for me. But, just in case
I did not miss something, it possibly is a bug that should be reported
before 7.4 is released.

Thanks for this great database!

Regards,
Daniel Vogel

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Oct 26, 2003 at 5:05 am
    I just applied a fix to this to CVS.

    Daniel Vogel wrote:
    Hallo All,

    is it possible, that the compilation of the windows client from beta 5
    source tree no longer works with MS VC++ 6.0?

    According to the documentation, I simply stated 'nmake /f win32.mak'.

    The compiler complains about missing header files <pthread.h> and <pwd.h> in
    'port/thread.c'. I commented out these two lines and libpq.dll builds
    without problems.

    When it comes to 'psql.exe' the build process is aborted once again due to
    an unresolved external 'simple_prompt'.

    Since I only needed 'libpq.dll' this is no problem for me. But, just in case
    I did not miss something, it possibly is a bug that should be reported
    before 7.4 is released.

    Thanks for this great database!

    Regards,
    Daniel Vogel

    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 24, '03 at 5:53a
activeOct 26, '03 at 5:05a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Daniel Vogel: 1 post Bruce Momjian: 1 post