Has anyone compiled this version of Postgresql on this version of sco?
If so, would you please tell me what tools you used. I am ready to give up.
Thanks for any help anyone may offer.
Pat Davis

Search Discussions

  • Robert Treat at Sep 19, 2003 at 8:23 pm
    Is that version of SCO elderly? If not I'm sure someone has done it. I
    know there have been several problems that have come up for 7.4 beta,
    but I'd still think it can be done. Generally I'd suggest trying to get
    a copy of a GNUTools package for your OS if such a thing exists,
    otherwise yry posting error messages your getting (perhaps on -hackers)

    Robert Treat
    Has anyone compiled this version of Postgresql on this version of sco?
    If so, would you please tell me what tools you used. I am ready to give up.
    Thanks for any help anyone may offer.
    Pat Davis

    joining column's datatypes do not match
  • Larry Rosenman at Sep 19, 2003 at 8:28 pm
    the GNU tools ARE available for 5.0.5.

    If you need help, yell. I can probably help some.

    Also, I can probably build it for you, if I can get access to your machine.

    LER

    --On Friday, September 19, 2003 16:23:30 -0400 Robert Treat
    Is that version of SCO elderly? If not I'm sure someone has done it. I
    know there have been several problems that have come up for 7.4 beta,
    but I'd still think it can be done. Generally I'd suggest trying to get
    a copy of a GNUTools package for your OS if such a thing exists,
    otherwise yry posting error messages your getting (perhaps on -hackers)

    Robert Treat
    Has anyone compiled this version of Postgresql on this version of sco?
    If so, would you please tell me what tools you used. I am ready to give
    up. Thanks for any help anyone may offer.
    Pat Davis

    TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
    your joining column's datatypes do not match

    TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

    --
    Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
    Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org