I here that a beta version of a native Windows port is available, where can
I download this for testing?

One other question...it doesn't use Cygwin, does it?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Chris M at Aug 26, 2003 at 4:22 pm
    Please visit: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

    PowerGres by SRA, UltraSQL by PeerDirect both are native
    Windows port. The latter seems stopping at beta4.

    "Bupp Phillips" <hello@noname.com> news:bidp4j$n6e$1@news.hub.org...
    I here that a beta version of a native Windows port is available, where can
    I download this for testing?

    One other question...it doesn't use Cygwin, does it?

    Thanks
  • Bruce Momjian at Aug 27, 2003 at 4:11 am

    Chris M wrote:
    Please visit: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

    PowerGres by SRA, UltraSQL by PeerDirect both are native
    Windows port. The latter seems stopping at beta4.
    I believe the PeerDirect port is permanently stopped at beta4. :-)

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

    I would perfer one from Postgresql.org so that I can always get the latest
    fixes without having to wait for the outside party to decide when and if
    they are going to incorporate the changes.

    Thanks

    "Chris M" <chris@none.none> wrote in message
    Please visit: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

    PowerGres by SRA, UltraSQL by PeerDirect both are native
    Windows port. The latter seems stopping at beta4.

    "Bupp Phillips" <hello@noname.com> news:bidp4j$n6e$1@news.hub.org...
    I here that a beta version of a native Windows port is available, where can
    I download this for testing?

    One other question...it doesn't use Cygwin, does it?

    Thanks
  • Robert Treat at Aug 27, 2003 at 7:26 pm
    There are plans to support it natively from the postgresql.org folks,
    however it will not be available until 7.5 at the earliest. There is an
    unsupported version available from the sourceforge postgresql project
    page if you are so inclined. In the mean time you can get one of the
    commercial solutions from the companies previously mentioned. I know
    some companies also support the cygwin version as well (command prompt
    is one). If you are interested in hacking the source code, the latest
    code will compile (though not run) under windows, you can check out the
    code from cvs and coordinate programming effort with the guys on
    -hackers.

    Robert Treat
    Maybe I misunderstood, will Postgresql.org support a native Windows port or
    will it always be an outside company that will do the Windows porting?

    I would perfer one from Postgresql.org so that I can always get the latest
    fixes without having to wait for the outside party to decide when and if
    they are going to incorporate the changes.

    Thanks

    "Chris M" <chris@none.none> wrote in message
    Please visit: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

    PowerGres by SRA, UltraSQL by PeerDirect both are native
    Windows port. The latter seems stopping at beta4.

    "Bupp Phillips" <hello@noname.com> news:bidp4j$n6e$1@news.hub.org...
    I here that a beta version of a native Windows port is available, where can
    I download this for testing?

    One other question...it doesn't use Cygwin, does it?

    Thanks

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 25, '03 at 7:52p