Dear:
I try to compile the libpq library (in 7.3.4 & 7.4 beta1 src folder) with bcc32.mak under bcc55 and bcb6, but have some problems when linked.
The problems are about :
1._pqGethostbyname
2._pqStrerror
can't referenced.

I think these 2 functions were new, maybe we have to patch the makefile and .def files.

Best Regards

phshao@linx.moeacgs.gov.tw

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 5, 2003 at 3:08 am

    Ping-Hua Shao wrote:
    Dear:
    I try to compile the libpq library (in 7.3.4 & 7.4 beta1 src folder) with bcc32.mak under bcc55 and bcb6, but have some problems when linked.
    The problems are about :
    1._pqGethostbyname
    2._pqStrerror
    can't referenced.

    I think these 2 functions were new, maybe we have to patch the makefile and .def files.
    This is fixed in current CVS and will be in beta3.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

    "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote in message
    Ping-Hua Shao wrote:
    Dear:
    I try to compile the libpq library (in 7.3.4 & 7.4 beta1 src folder)
    with bcc32.mak under bcc55 and bcb6, but have some problems when linked.
    The problems are about :
    1._pqGethostbyname
    2._pqStrerror
    can't referenced.

    I think these 2 functions were new, maybe we have to patch the makefile
    and .def files.
    This is fixed in current CVS and will be in beta3.

    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001
    TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend
  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 10, 2003 at 4:06 pm
    Would you send over a patch of the changes you used to fix it? You
    downloaded the snapshot or CVS HEAD, right? beta2 doesn't have the fix.