I finally succeeded on getting Postgres 7.3.4 built
and running on Solaris 9. My question is there a work
around to having to set your LD_LIBRARY path to run
any of the client applications? Having to set the
LD_LIBRARY path is a real nightmare, especially when
trying to do things like automate pg_dump in a cron
script. Any work arounds or hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Green

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Aug 14, 2003 at 7:41 pm
    Sure, edit your /etc/ld.so.conf to point to the pgsql library directory,
    then run ldconfig, or whatever it is on Solaris.

    http://archives.postgresql.org
    --
    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 14, '03 at 4:20a
activeAug 14, '03 at 7:41p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Bruce Momjian: 1 post John Green: 1 post