Hello,

I am a fairly new user of prosgresql on linux. I have followed the instruction quite well, I'm sure. I have been working on the first program example in C and am getting an error when I run the program tests "testlibpq*.c"

1. With all the tests I am getting the following errors on running the tests:

./testlibpq:error in loading shared libraries

libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

These are the version I am working with:

postgreSQL : 7.2.1

linux : 2.0.32

gcc : 2.7.2.3

I compiled using:

cc -c -I/usr/local/pgsql/include testlibpq.c

linked with:

cc -0 testlibpq testlibpq.0 -L/usr/local/psql/lib -lpq

ran with:

./testlibpq

2. with testlibpq2.c I found a bug. Maybe this one has already been documented?

It does not compile. It gives the following error message:

testlibpq2.c:57 Assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast.

where you assign: dbName = getenv("USER");

To debug I include "stdlib.h"

3. with testlibpq3.c I get the following compilation error message:

utils/geo_decls.h No such file or directory

I searched for the header file in /usr/local/pgsql/include, it actually doesn't have the utils/ directory.

Any help will be highly appreciated. I am stuck at this point right now.

Thanks In Advance,

Litso

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql