I'm currently trying to find some information about running PostgreSQL on
Windows (2000/XP).
To my knowlegde there is a version that does not require cygwin to be
installed.

For the moment I have a few questions regarding this release (assuming it
exists).
Do you have any homepages/docs for this release?
I would prefer an official site but any help here is welcome.
Is the sourcecode available for download?
What version of PosgreSQL does this release exist for?

Best Regards,
David Lofstrand
Software Engineer
Surgical Science
www.surgical-science.com

Search Discussions

  • David Lofstrand at Jun 16, 2003 at 1:21 pm
    Hi,

    I'm currently trying to find some information about running PostgreSQL on
    Windows (2000/XP).
    To my knowlegde there is a version that does not require cygwin to be
    installed.

    For the moment I have a few questions regarding this release (assuming it
    exists).
    Do you have any homepages/docs for this release?
    I would prefer an official site but any help here is welcome.
    Is the sourcecode available for download?
    What version of PosgreSQL does this release exist for?

    Best Regards,
    David Lofstrand
    Software Engineer
    Surgical Science
    www.surgical-science.com
  • Robert Treat at Jun 19, 2003 at 11:14 pm
    There is no "official" version of a PostgreSQL build for windows except
    the cygwin version. There is an unofficial compile on the sourceforge
    site (iirc sourceforge.net/progects/pgsql/) based on 7.3, it has known
    issues but has been known to work. There are plans to have an official
    win32 build in the next release, if it does happen check back for beta
    testing sometime in late July. If you need something sooner than that, I
    believe SRA (and a few others) have commercial version available. Hope
    this helps.

    Robert Treat
    I'm currently trying to find some information about running PostgreSQL on
    Windows (2000/XP).
    To my knowlegde there is a version that does not require cygwin to be
    installed.

    For the moment I have a few questions regarding this release (assuming it
    exists).
    Do you have any homepages/docs for this release?
    I would prefer an official site but any help here is welcome.
    Is the sourcecode available for download?
    What version of PosgreSQL does this release exist for?

    Best Regards,
    David Lofstrand
    Software Engineer
    Surgical Science
    www.surgical-science.com

    TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 16, '03 at 1:12p
activeJun 19, '03 at 11:14p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

David Lofstrand: 2 posts Robert Treat: 1 post