Hi All,

I am trying to install the postgres in the Cygwin with
Windows XP Professional . I have followed all steps (
which is the same as I used to install for Windows
2000 with cygwin ),
starting ipc-daemon, initdb. I got the errors when I
run postmaster as follows :

$ postmaster -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2003-02-22
20:15:41 PST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/841498
LOG: redo record is at 0/841498; undo record is at
0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction id: 487; next oid: 25168
LOG: database system was not properly shut down;
automatic recovery in progress
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 3452) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/8414D8
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 1048) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 1588) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 2940) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 1340) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 1392) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 2912) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 1176) exited
with exit code 1
LOG: PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
LOG: statistics collector process (pid 2800) exited
with exit code 1

db was ready after some time but , CPU usage goes up
to 100%.

Please help how to fix it.

Thanks
Nyo