Dear sir,

i am encounting the following problem while
initializing data cluster(i am using Mac os x 10.2).

Plez tell me solution for this

bash-2.05a$ initdb -D /usr/local/PostgreSQL/data
The files belonging to this database system will be
owned by user "ampleuser".

creating directory /usr/local/PostgreSQL/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/base...
ok
creating directory
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/global... ok
creating directory
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/base/1... dyld:
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/postgres Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/postgres undefined reference
to _crypt expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
/usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/initdb: line 473: 536
Broken pipe cat "$POSTGRES_BKI"
537 | sed -e
"s/POSTGRES/$POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME/g" -e
"s/ENCODING/$MULTIBYTEID/g"
538 Trace/BPT trap |
"$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1 $PGSQL_OPT
$BACKEND_TALK_ARG template1

initdb failed.
Removing /usr/local/PostgreSQL/data.

visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Mar 2, 2003 at 5:46 pm

    =?iso-8859-1?q?dinu=20paul?= <dinucpaul@yahoo.co.in> writes:
    /usr/local/PostgreSQL/data/base/1... dyld:
    /usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/postgres Undefined symbols:
    /usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/postgres undefined reference
    to _crypt expected to be defined in
    /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
    We've seen this reported before. Check the PG list archives for details,
    but I think the solution was to rebuild the openssl installation.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 1, '03 at 7:14a