[To BOTH postgresql and openbsd ports lists... please reply as appropriate.]

I finally got around to trying to build 7.3beta3 on an fresh OpenBSD
3.2/i386 box, without all the historical lint that gets collected up.
OpenSSL 0.9.x is including in the base release.

The includsion of <openssl/e_os.h> in src/backend/libpq/be-secure.c fails.
Removing this include results in a compile, but a missing reference to
'get_last_socket_error()' in linking. I cannot find that in any openssl
include file :(

I know *nothing* about using the OpenSSL libraries, and I am off away from
the 'net for a week from tonight. :( Sorry.

I will include any patches in the OpenBSD postgresql port that I am working
on, but this may affect other systems that (perhaps) use the newer OpenSSL
libraries ?

Any ideas ?
--
Peter

Search Discussions

  • Peter Galbavy at Nov 5, 2002 at 1:17 pm
    According to the feedback I have had, e_os.h is no longer a public interface
    header file in OpenSSL. 'get_last_socket_error' is a macro that seems to
    expand to errno.

    Can I suggest someone with better understanding of the postgresql sources,
    and ssl support, please pick this up - maybe in time for the 7.3 release ?

    rgds,
    --
    Peter

[...]

grouppgsql-ports @