Hi
we have an intranet application running on linux red hat 7.1 width
postgresql v7.2 on amd athlon 1.7GHz
this app saturated the server and we analized the possible acquire of
rx5670 HP Server
the server specs:
2 Itanium II processor 900MHz (64bits)
1GB RAM

this server is very expensive and we need to know if postgresql is
capable to running in a Linux RedHat Advanced Server (the OS from redhat
tested in a HP rx5670 with itanium II proccesors)

i checked the documentation from red hat and only mentioned support and
clustering mangement to:
Oracle
MS SQL
MySQL

you can tell us if PostgreSQL running on a Linux Red Hat Advanced Server
on Itanium II processors?
or you can tell us where can i find validity information about this issue?

thanks for your help and your time

-------------------
Ing. Luis Rodríguez
Internet Sales Systems

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Sep 10, 2002 at 5:31 pm
    Now that is a good question. We do run on Alpha, which is 64 bit, and I
    think some people were running on Itanium a few months ago.

    However, I just did a quick search and couldn't find any mention of
    Itanium on our mailing list archives.

    So, I guess the answer is that it should work, but no one has tested it
    yet.

    Luis Rodríguez wrote:
[...]

    Ing. Luis Rodr?guez
    Internet Sales Systems

    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 10, '02 at 7:53a
activeSep 10, '02 at 5:31p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Bruce Momjian: 1 post Luis Rodríguez: 1 post