I have stupid problem after installation....
I can't access my postgres db after installation, when asking me the login and the password, i set 'postgres' (i'm on root) and leave password to blank : don't work !
I try my system log & pass, same problem ...
Is there some changes on default login and password ?
What must i do ?

Renaud from belgium

Search Discussions

  • Michael Loftis at Apr 15, 2002 at 3:18 pm
    Default user is pgsql.

    You can also access it by:

    # su - pgsql
    $ psql

    Best luck.

    renaud diez wrote:
    I have stupid problem after installation....

    I can't access my postgres db after installation, when asking me the
    login and the password, i set 'postgres' (i'm on root) and leave
    password to blank : don't work !

    I try my system log & pass, same problem ...

    Is there some changes on default login and password ?

    What must i do ?

    Renaud from belgium
  • Peter Eisentraut at Apr 15, 2002 at 5:13 pm

    renaud diez writes:

    I have stupid problem after installation....
    What did you install and how?
    I can't access my postgres db after installation, when asking me the login and the password, i set 'postgres' (i'm on root) and leave password to blank : don't work !
    The default installation doesn't require a password.

    --
    Peter Eisentraut peter_e@gmx.net
  • Lamar Owen at Apr 15, 2002 at 5:55 pm

    I can't access my postgres db after installation, when asking me the
    login and the password, i set 'postgres' (i'm on root) and leave password
    to blank : don't work !
    The default installation doesn't require a password.
    The default postgres Unix user in the RPMs cannot be logged into. You must su
    to it from root -- then you can change the Unix user 'postgres' password.

    The database superuser does not equal the postgres unix user.
    --
    Lamar Owen
    WGCR Internet Radio

grouppgsql-ports @