Hi,

They are still a few modifications to the distribution to get it compiled with gcc under Openserver and Unixware.
Because the configure.in script is modified, configure needs to be regenerated with autoconf. There is a modification for the TCL interface to use the current compiler and not the one used to generate CC used by SCO for their skunkware packages. The same problem exists for the perl interface, but I haven't found an easy way to go around the problem.

Anyway with these modificaitons, postgres get compiled and the regression tests run OK except for the geometry test which has an issue with float precision.

Is there a way to upgrade the SCO.FAQ with the diff and comments?

Enjoy.

Nicolas

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Momjian at Feb 22, 2002 at 5:34 am
    This will need more review before application.

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches2

    Nicolas Bazin wrote:
    Hi,

    They are still a few modifications to the distribution to get it compiled with gcc under Openserver and Unixware.
    Because the configure.in script is modified, configure needs to be regenerated with autoconf. There is a modification for the TCL interface to use the current compiler and not the one used to generate CC used by SCO for their skunkware packages. The same problem exists for the perl interface, but I haven't found an easy way to go around the problem.

    Anyway with these modificaitons, postgres get compiled and the regression tests run OK except for the geometry test which has an issue with float precision.

    Is there a way to upgrade the SCO.FAQ with the diff and comments?

    Enjoy.

    Nicolas
    [ Attachment, skipping... ]

    Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 853-3000
  • Bruce Momjian at Aug 25, 2002 at 11:39 pm
    FYI, I know some of this is in. Would you try the snapshot or CVS and
    let us know how it works on your platform? We are starting 7.3 beta on
    September 1. Thanks.

    Nicolas Bazin wrote:
[...]

    pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 18, '02 at 3:29a
activeAug 25, '02 at 11:39p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Bruce Momjian: 2 posts Nicolas Bazin: 1 post