Lamar Owen writes:

Pre-release RPMS are available for this release candidate at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/beta/RPMS
* Still way old JDBC drivers in there.

* You're defining PGLIB in the bash profile. PGLIB doesn't do anything.

* postgresql.init:

Why do you need networking for postmaster?

Using `pidof postmaster` is wrong. There could be other postmasters
running just fine. Should use the lock file, or not care because the
postmaster or pg_ctl can handle this just fine.

Might want to implement the "reload" option.

* What happened to the contrib handling patch?

* What is going to happen to NLS?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e@gmx.net

Search Discussions